It's incredible just how quickly time goes by. An entire semester has passed, a new year is staring us in the face, and I feel like high school was somehow miles and miles ago, but it seems like just yesterday.
"Who are you? Where are you going?"
Two questions posed in a sermon I heard this past summer, and very thought provoking questions indeed. Who am I? Where am I going? What am I even doing? And does it matter.
Yes, indeed it does.
What about you? Do you know who you are and where you are going? It's good to remind ourselves daily.
I am Lydia, Beloved of the Most High God. I am a sinner, saved by grace. I am called to not settle for ordinary, but to live with eternity as reality in order to keep this fading world in perspective.
I am loved, therefore called to love in return with all that I am in every way I know how.
I am a sister, a daughter, a best friend and a girlfriend.
I am a wedding planner. I am a life-long student. I am a reader. I am a little bit crazy, and love to laugh. I am much, much more. I am mischievous, and can't spell that word correctly without auto correct.
I am bought with a price, paid for with blood, and now all my dreams and plans are laid at the feet of the Creator of everything. He is always good.
"Safe? Of course he isn't safe...but he's good."-Narnia, LWW
Perhaps in my next post I'll elaborate. To sum up: I've completed my time in Birmingham, am half-way through my online classes, have nannied for two extraordinary families, directed my first wedding without my friend's help, made some wonderful memories and learned SO much. And now I'm sitting in my bedroom in my parents' house excited about the next stage of this adventure of life. I am going many places and doing many things. We'll see where they take me and who I meet along the way.
Thanks for reading. Indeed, I do appreciate it.
This part is called "Chapter Next" because in this book of my life, things have flipped around quite a bit. But...it is still turning out to be a great read.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment